Just some recent Yankees news:
- Jorge Posada’s MRI yesterday showed that he has a hairline fracture in his foot that could keep him out for three to four weeks. Posada insists that it won’t take that long for him to return. While there has been some speculation about a call up for Montero or another minor league catcher, Girardi has said that Fransisco Cervelli will see most of the opened playing time. Looking at Cervelli’s stats thus far this year, we might just be fine.
- The Yankees suffered a 10-6 loss to the hot Rays last night, now falling back four games behind Tampa in the AL East with a 25-15 record. The Yanks still hold second in the AL (and the MLB.)
- The Yankees filed a protest to the 7-6 loss against the Red Sox a couple days ago as there was no indication of an injury to Beckett, which the Red Sox claimed there was and took the extra time to bring a reliever out.
- A recent poll by the Wall Street Journal shows that the Yankees are the more popular team, but Manhattan is split down the middle. The poll also showed that Mets fan are bigger drinkers than Yankee fans.
- A recent Forbes list shows that the Yankees have the most valuable brand in all of sports.